Space Blast! Space Blast!

Liked the game, good job!

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but when you restart, your score goes up multiple times faster than on the previous play. Just something to look at, don't know if you're trying to reward the player for playing multiple times or if it was a bug.

Besides that, good work!

Smikes responds:

Thanks for pointing that out, that is indeed a bug.

EDIT: Alright, the bug is fixed. Thanks for the heads up!

Master Gear Master Gear

Hit a glitch. I completed a level at the last possible second and it said I completed the level but failed me and sent me to the main menu... Very frustrating.

Other than that, interesting concept, I enjoyed it.

I hate Zombies! I hate Zombies!

Clever with the scoring and Youtube theme, smart idea, I really liked that! Plus the art was neat and seemed well done.

For my critiques:
- What exactly does the D key do? What does that belly-flop maneuver do?
- Wasn't sure how to turn around, yet I "seemed" to be getting attacked from behind.
- Also, where is your health? There isn't any feedback as to whether or not you're being hit by the zombies, which makes a health bar almost crucial here. You seem to simply... die, occasionally. *EDIT ON REPLAY* I see that the like/dislike bar is the health now, it was a bit confusing, however.

Perhaps to avoid this confusion either A) don't force the player to bypass the small controls tutorial, allow them to click past at their own pace (it flew by before I knew what to look for, I didn't even understand what the game was about at that point let alone reading control schemes for this unknown game) or B) allow the player a method for going back to the main menu and/or control screen to look this information up (and allow them to pause on it!)

Final Word:
Overall I liked the art and sound. These were both relatively fresh and well done. However the game mechanics were a bit lacking. The controls information flew by before I had a chance to memorize them (which I didn't know would be mandatory) and the health bar was a tad confusing (maybe it was in the tutorial, I'm not sure). I hope this review offers a handful of decent critiques to work off of.

Good luck and Cheers!
Redlime

andrewmcmillen responds:

Thank you very much for your review! I'll try to make this game more interesting and I will consider your advices.